Audio Invitation to Contribute to Voices from the Dome:
Italiano - English (Text)
Voices from the Dome audio archives:
Voices from the Dome is an international project, open to all planetarium operators, to build a collection of short mp3 audio clips to use directly in planetarium shows or in professional development as exemplary dialogues between experienced planetarium leaders and audiences.
Many voices, one sky
Voices from the dome is a collection of audio clips prepared by planetarium colleagues worldwide. They are in two general types:
- Exemplary dialogues. These are short segments of live shows that planetarians of tomorrow can listen to as examples of dialogues of experienced planetarium professionals with the public and the students. They are usually not more than a minute or two each. To contribute an exemplary dialogue, sound quality must be acceptable with minimal extraneous noise.
- Voice Clips. These are audio clips that can be used directly by presenters in planetarium shows, much as images and video clips are used. Use different voices to help your audience to discover the real night sky, challenge their misconceptions, and enrich their perceptions. Small or mobile planetariums can easily use these files with a mobile phone or a laptop connected to speakers.
To contribute a voice clip, prepare a short text and then read and record it (author or collaborator) in your own native language. Then submit this “astronomical tweet” as an mp3 file.
Ideas for possible clips
- Classic planetarium topics, such as Polaris, the apparent movement of the sky, constellations, seasons, equinox and solstices, and other subjects you use frequently. Imagine a show devoted to one of these subjects using “voices” as commentaries from different countries; an example would be “Four seasons, four continents.”
- "Welcome to the Planetarium" in various languages, especially nice for visitors from other countries.
- Original astronomical commentaries and descriptions of celestial bodies and phenomena visible with the naked eye.
- Planetarians’ personal memories; funny, curious, interesting facts under the dome and the night sky. How did you get into the planetarium field, for example.
- Curious and original questions from the audience and how you answered them.
If you have more ideas, please share them with Loris Ramponi (see contact info at the bottom of this page).
When preparing your audio clip please include:
- A title.
- The language and, in the case of a regional dialect, the geographic area of the dialect.
- The written script or a brief summary.
- The audio recording, 3 minutes maximum, as an mp3 file without music. The filename cannot exceed 32 characters, including the suffix ".mp3"
- Author information including full name, institution, city, state and/or country, and email address.
Share your voice now! Send to:
Osservatorio Serafino Zani
Via Bosca 24
25066 Lumezzane – Italy
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial interest? No Thanks!
“Voices from the Dome” is not a commercial project and all the materials must be freely available without cost or necessity of special permission. To this end, each audio clip must be made without music and contain only the voice of the contributor. The work must be able to be released under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License as public domain material.