To simply find your membership expiration date:
- sign in,
- click on Manage Profile (just to the left of Sign In), and
- look for Invoicing, Payments & History > Membership (View your membership status).
Renew your membership as follows:
- Click Sign In (top of page);
sign in with your username & password;
use the "Forgot your password?" function if necessary.
- Click on Manage Profile (just to the left of Sign In)
If you see the prompt, "Securely renew your membership now" or "Renew your membership now", click on that. It will take you to an "edit-your-profile" page where you can make any changes that you would like in your profile* and click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page. Don't forget to click that Save button. [If you get an alert to fill in the "Location" field in the Professional section, put in your State, Province, Prefect, or "none"] You are then taken to the payment page.
- Here you will be presented with options to switch to different categories of membership at different level of dues. Payment options are "credit card" or "check or money order."
- The best strategy for secure payment is by credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Many institutions have rather arcane processes for payment for membership in professional organizations. So for IPS, it is best to pay by credit card if possible and get reimbursed from your institution if so desired.
- Note: the checkbox by "I would like to make an additional donation after submitting this form" is automatically checked, so if you don't care to make a donation, uncheck that box.
- After you complete the payment page, you'll automatically see a Thank You page. There you will find a link to "View Invoice/Receipt" that can be used for any reimbursement needed.
- To find an invoice for reimbursement by your institution other then right after the payment step, sign in, go to your Manage Profile page (https://www.ips-planetarium.org/members/manage_profile.asp), and look for Invoicing, Payments & History > Invoices, or go directly to your Invoices page (https://www.ips-planetarium.org/members/CommerceTransactions.aspx).
- If you cannot pay by credit card,
- for US members the invoice has provision where you can mail a check.
- for non-US members, a bank transfer may be the best strategy. The IPS Director of Operations <firstname.lastname@example.org> can provide bank info to those who need it.
The IPS Director of Operations <email@example.com> may be able to help if you have difficulties.
* In accord with the General Data Protection Regulation, you can specify which fields in your Profile are publicly visible, which are visible to members only, and which are private (admin only).