- Get Involved!
|IPS 2020 LIPS|
Live Interactive Planetarium Symposium (LIPS) Day at IPS 2020
June 21, 2020
Join us for a full day of LIPS at the IPS 2020 conference in Edmonton. The LIPS full day session, which immediately precedes the actual IPS 2020 conference, will allow IPS conference attendees to gain more practical knowledge on doing live presentations in their planetariums and dome theatres. The full day session will specifically focus on live, interactive planetarium lessons: connecting with your audience; enhancing performance skills; classroom management techniques; sample activities; and many more useful skills in preparing and performing live presentations under the dome.
LIPS' goals include:
1) To provide a participatory and practical professional development opportunity focusing on live presentations.
2) Offer an opportunity to network with others doing live, interactive shows.
3) To share information about available resources and products.
4) To share ideas for improving programs: content, teaching tips, classroom management, etc.
5) To explore what is required to start or improve an outreach program or business.
Stay tuned for more details.