Discover the latest planetarium productions from around the world when you visit IPS 2020 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
IPS Full Dome Showcase is a unique film festival shown on a large hemispherical screen in TELUS World of Science’s new Zeidler Dome theatre. For a few days, a number of original films will be shown highlighting different themes and topics from around the world. After the festival a jury will make a selection of best films, based on varying criteria, and awards will be handed out.
We are excited to host everyone for the IPS 2020 conference in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada from June 18 – 25, with our IPS Full Dome Showcase taking place on Thursday, June 18 and Friday, June 19. The two day IPS Full Dome Showcase will present the best full dome content available for planetariums.
IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase Film Submission
Guidelines to submit your film
The IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase will take place before the actual IPS 2020 conference on Thursday, June 18 and Friday, June 19 in the Zeidler Dome at the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton.
Five main prizes will be awarded during the IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase.
They are currently the following (subject to change):
IPS 2020 Artistic Merit Award
This prize is awarded to the best overall artistic creation, with not necessarily requiring an educational focus.
IPS 2020 Audience Award for Best Full Dome Show
This award is given out based upon the highest rating on the full dome show by all of the attendees of the full dome showcase.
IPS Education Award
The winner of this award is selected by the IPS Executive.
TELUS World of Science - Edmonton AWARD
TELUS World of Science – Edmonton staff will award this prize to their highest rated full dome show.
Best Short Full Dome Film (up to 10 minutes in length)
This winner of this category will be selected by the attendees of the full dome showcase.
The IPS 2020 Full Dome Show Committee
The following individuals are the IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase Committee:
| Ruth Coalson
|| United Kingdom
| Mark Subbarao
| Michele Wistisen
| Paul Deans
| Dario Tiveron
||Full Dome Database
| Alexandre Cherman
| Perry Shulak
| Frank Florian
| Annette Sotheran-Barnett
| Marcel Meyer
| Marc Moutin
| Dionisios Simopoulos
The process of selection of your film to be shown in the IPS 2020 full dome showcase will be as follows:
- Fill out the IPS 2020 online Full Dome Showcase form immediately following this information.
- Send a link to your show to email@example.com in order that the IPS 2020 full dome showcase committee can watch your show, extracts of the show (in the case your show is a work in progress) or a trailer of your show. The link could be a VIMEO or other shared video link with password for access to it.
- The committee will view the submitted shows for consideration between October 1 and January, 17 2020 and will vote on the shows for selection into the IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase. We will attempt to offer as many full dome shows into the two day IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase as possible, with anywhere between 20 and 30 full dome shows being shown.
- Confirmation to the full dome producers/distributors and other submitters in regards their full dome shows being selected (or not selected) for the IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase will be done by January 27, 2020.
- When you receive confirmation that your show has been accepted into the IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase then we will need your HDD in NTFS or exFAT format with frames (2D, png or jpg, 30 fps) and audio files (in 5.1, 7.1 wave format) to slice the show for the theatre’s projector configuration. We cannot run 3D shows.
- A registration fee of $800US will be required for each selected show in the Full Dome Showcase (with the exception to short movies (less than 10 minutes in length) and student projects). All selected entrants will be invoiced for this amount. The show registration fee will include registration into the Full Dome Showcase (June 18/19) for up to three individuals to attend the showcase. Payment for the selected shows can be made to the TELUS World of Science – Edmonton once confirmation that your show is in the IPS 2020 Full Dome Showcase.
Any questions about your submissions can be address to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zeidler Dome’s Configuration at the TELUS World of Science - Edmonton
- Concentric Theatre, non-tilted dome (0 degrees)
- 200 fixed Skeie Sonate Recliner seats
- Space for additional individuals on bean bag chairs
- 23 meter diameter Astro-Tec Ulteria Dome
- 12 Sony VPL-GTZ280 4K projectors, capable up to 10K resolution.
- 2D only shows (cannot offer 3D shows in the theatre)
- Stage in the centre of the theatre, with AV inputs.
- 17.2 sound system (mapping from stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 audio)